Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fourth Day, Best Day!

Strangely, I feel like I have energy today.  I even got up and worked out. 😳 I've had virtually no cravings.  My mood feels content and stable. 

I also did something that was even harder than my workout.  I went to the grocery store!  I'm sure you're asking why.  Well, I pick up my children Saturday morning from camp, and we are heading straight to the lake for the weekend, and we will need food!  So I went ahead and knocked it out, purchasing healthier foods than I might have... say... on Tuesday, when I was starved for tacos.  I chose salads, vegetables, fish, etc.

A lot of you have asked about how I'm sustaining myself right now.  Again, I'm following the Prolon Fasting Mimicking Diet.  Here are a few items that are part of the 5-day package I purchased.

This is basically glycerol that I dilute with 32oz of water.  It keeps my energy level up through the day. 

Minestrone is one of the better soups.  It's basically a powder that you mix with water.  You eat the soups for lunch and dinner. 

The vegetable was pretty good too.  Again, a powder that you mix with water. 

You get a bar like this each morning (different flavor) and a couple of nights after dinner. 

3 of the days, you get olives with lunch (and sometimes dinner). 

Basically, you're body doesn't recognize any of it as "food," and as such, you are kept in a fasting state for 5 days.  This just makes you feel as though you get something in your stomach, and there is some nutritional value to keep you functioning.  Also, full disclosure:  I paid for my Prolon.  This is in no way an "ad" for them.  They didn't send it to me for free to try.  It is 100% my choice.

Today, I noticed I do get fatigued easily, but I'm beginning to get some clarity and feel in a strange way "cleansed." I'm thinking this was  probably a pretty positive thing I've done for myself. 

Thanks to all for your encouragement and for following along.  Last day is tomorrow, and until then, xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. Since I've been intermittent fasting for 19 months, and it's the easiest lifestyle I've ever known, why would someone do the type of fast you're on for five miserable days? I reach autophagy every day and am not hungry. I mean, I was the first two weeks but that was in November, 2017. What are your goals on this type of fast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing in! I have researched this extensively, and I am also an intermittent faster :) From what I've read many experts agree that the autophagy process initiates in humans after 18-20 hours of fasting, with maximal benefits occurring once the 48–72 hour mark has been reached. Doing intermittent fasts will still give you benefits, but periodically (a few times a year depending on your personal risk factors) I wanted a longer fast to fully activate autophagy and do some spring cleaning for my cells!

      Delete