Friday, January 28, 2011

The Mommy Diet

Once you have kids, your life goes by the way-side.  A good example of this is when I go see my mom, and she walks straight past me to hug the kids (I love you, Momma!).  But seriously.  I don't exist like my children exist.  And that's just the way it is.

Your diet also goes by the way-side.  A good example of this is when I slave over a huge breakfast for my sweeties, they take 2 or 3 bites, then say "I'm not hungry anymore, mommy."  Really?  So, I end up eating whatever is left on their plates.  Cold eggs.  Cinammon rolls with no icing because they licked the icing off but didn't eat the roll.  Toast that's wet from where they chewed on it.  A picked-over waffle.  Half-eaten turkey bacon. 

Lunch ends up being a cut-up hot dog, handful of goldfish crackers, and a few sips from a juice box.

Not the best diet.

Especially when you already have a penchant for cheese dip and chips. 
Juanita's Cheese Dip.  Yum!

And a weakness for chocolate (I like milk chocolate best). 

And the body of a woman who has birthed two children.  Ugh.  

I've GOT to do better....

I do wanna know ---  moms, what are your guilty pleasures?   And what do you eat?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am not a mom, but I am a stay-at-home dad (does that count for 1/2 credit?). You are blessed with a great family, don't beat yourself up.
    Guilty pleasures? Chocolate (Rolos, dark chocolate and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups), definitely. And Dr. Pepper. Biggest guilty pleasure has to be my wife's homemade oatmeal raisin cookies.

    ReplyDelete