Friday, June 14, 2019

...and that's a wrap!




Me, with just a few more hours until I CAN EAT! 😀

Y'all, it's over. 

Was it worth it?  I guess time will tell.  Looking back on this week following a fasting mimicking diet, I can say that I slept better, felt better as the week went on, lost approximately 8 pounds (as of this morning), and I'm trusting that an "internal clean-up" happened inside my body.

Would I do it again?  Maybe.  This weekend, I'll ease back into food.  I'm a fan of intermittent fasting, as well, so I will probably continue with that. From what I've read, many experts agree that the autophagy process initiates in humans after 18-20 hours of fasting, with maximum benefits once the 48-72 hour mark has been reached (and beyond). 

My goal was to finish the entire 5 days.  I also wanted to see how it felt to fast for this long, to activate the longer term autophagy, or "cleaning house" of old tissue and cells.  I can only trust that it happened.  My other goal was a "reset." To start again on a healthier path.  I achieved those all.

I am extremely grateful for all your words of encouragement and support.  It truly helped me.  I especially loved reading all of your experiences with fasting.  It made me feel less alone! 

Thanks for following along - and keep sharing with me!

 xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Really proud of you Dawn.. You are an inspiration to your readers... ❤️

    ReplyDelete